Saturday, July 10, 2010

Coeur D'Alene, ID

Initially, Coeur D'Alene was only going to be a stop over on the way to Washington. Once they became aware that Idaho was a state I still needed to visit to meet my goal of visiting all 50 states before I turn 50, Mom and Dad made sure we experienced some activity while in the state.

We didn't ride aquacycles, though they looked intriguing.

Having high tea did not meet the requirements.

We took a seaplane tour of the city. The night we arrived in town, we drove to the lake dock to view the water. Upon seeing the potential ride, Dad asked his questions and decided that the flight would be our chosen activity.

Grant, the pilot, and the three of us loaded into the plane and away we went. It was one of the smoothest plane rides I have experienced.
Take off was so mild, that Mom had to ask me if we had actually left the water.
I think she was the most excited passenger.
We flew over a 26,000 sq ft house.
And a floating golf green among other things.

After landing, Mom and Dad tried to make seeds fly like helicopters and then we hit the road for our lengthy drive to Leavenworth, WA.
My septuagenarian parents really know how to stay young at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment