Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sisters, OR

The day Mom had been waiting for finally arrived. We were going to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. This event has been organized by the Stitchin' Post Quilt store and Jean Wells Keenan for 35 years. It gets larger and larger as time progresses. The town is wrapped in quilts that are on display and available for purchase and the streets are full of genuine and caring quilters. No one meets a stranger. Techniques and questions are discussed among the gathered group no matter the name of their home town. Help is offered, compliments are shared and doors are held with no animosity or impatience to be found. The town is full of excited women eager to learn a new skill or find a new idea, some accompanied by husbands who calmly photograph whatever they are bid to shoot. The event is masterfully orchestrated to accommodate any possible need. Shopkeepers are generous with parking spaces, advertising and water. It is a scene directly out of a Norman Rockwell painting.


The Stitchin' Post







3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had time to catch up on your blog. Wonderful pictures and story telling! Thanks.

    Love you guys!

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I LOVE seeing all the pics and hearing your account. You all look like you are having a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Laurel, I just read of all your summer adventures and I loved every minute of it! I think it's time for me to take a trip with my parents - how blessed your time sounded! I love you and loved seeing pics of your parents as well! Send them my love!

    ReplyDelete